Friday, April 1, 2011

Going Publick


The best thing about our newly created "Booze Caucus" is the ability to sample new things without having to pay a dime for it, since one or two members sign up each week to supply suds for everyone.

That's how I came upon Southampton Publick House, a Long Island brewery that I had never heard of. According to their web site, they have three staples: Double White Ale, Altbier and a classic India Pale Ale. They also boast four seasonals and another four high-end selections.

One of my colleagues brought in the Biere de Mars (6.5% ABV) and I thought it hit the spot: light, not too hoppy and a hint of citrus flavor that made it very easy to drink.

I was surprised that it only received a B-plus user rating on BeerAdvocate.com. I'm going to score it better and plan to put it in my summertime beer rotation.

Rating (out of five mugs): 3.9

No comments:

Post a Comment